SEEK & DISCOVER ON SUNDAYS
Want to find out more about Christianity, or do you know someone who would? This is an opportunity for you/your friends and loved ones to hear the Gospel explained. Come with your questions and an open mind!
Watch this space for the dates in 2020!
Please direct your interest/enquiry/registration to Kang Wei at email@example.com or 94764196.
* If you would like to be part of this ministry as a facilitator or befriender, please reach out to Kang Wei.
Teachers of the Seekers Class can find resources here.
What is the Seekers Class about?
First and foremost the Seekers Class is NOT about you (or me), for the Bible tells us "...no one seeks for God" (Romans 3:11b). Thus in that sense, a seeker of God cannot be found outside of God’s intervention. Rather, it is about God, for "...the son of man came to seek and save the lost" (Luke 19:10). The Seeker is our just and loving creator God who sent His son, Jesus to carry out His ‘secret’ rescue plan to save us – this is the gospel.
The who is really what the Seekers Class is about. In some sense, it is still a ‘secret’ for many because they have yet to hear the gospel. "...And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching?" (Romans 10:14b,c) Others may have heard but not understood, as pointed out in Romans 3:11a: "...no one understands". Left to themselves no one seeks and no one understands, so the very act of seeking and understanding is also an act of God.
To sum up, the Seekers Class is a gospel proclamation ministry for those who have yet to hear or those who have heard but have not understood. It is also recommended for those who have yet to experience the transformative power of the gospel, or those who struggle with assurance of salvation and are looking to rediscover the gospel afresh. The Seekers Class is Christianity 101.
Be assured that God is generous to reveal Himself (Matthew 7:7) and God also knows us by name. While the Seekers Class is conducive to get personal with the gospel, it is not about sharing personal testimonies.
Rather, it is:
- An opportunity to walk each other through a couple of key Bible passages to help us understand who God is and what He has done.
- One beggar telling another beggar where he found bread, and at an appropriate moment helping facilitate a personal response to Jesus as Saviour and Lord.
- A story-telling session (about a grand rescue mission), involving you and I as its characters.
- An equipping avenue for those who desire to articulate the gospel better and bring God’s light to all nations.