Growing in Jesus is a set of discipleship materials prepared for Christians who wish to understand basic Christian faith and how Christian living is like. These materials can be used personally by a Christian in his/her personal study, but we recommend that they be used in the context of one-to-one discipleship where a more mature Christian can help to guide and model a younger Christian in a godly discipleship relationship.
Big Idea: Basics truths and tools for equipping Christians in the faith.
Main Purpose: Christians will understand the foundational truths and use the basic tools for Christlike growth.
- Sessions 1-6 covers foundational Christian doctrines.
- Sessions 7-10 covers foundational Christian living.
Here are the materials with extra resources under each session:
Session 1: The Doctrine of Bible
- Vaughan Roberts’s God’s Big Picture (Video Playlist)
- The Bible Project’s Biblical Themes
Session 2: The Doctrine of God
- The Bible Project's God
- The Bible Project's Yahweh
- The Bible Project's Holy Spirit
Session 3: The Doctrine of Humanity
- The Bible Project's Image of God
- The Bible Project's New Humanity
- The Bible Project's Heaven and Earth
Session 4: The Doctrine of Christ
- The Bible Project's Who is Jesus?
- The Bible Project's Messiah
- The Bible Project's Son of Man
Session 5: The Doctrine of Salvation
- Sinclair Ferguson's Penal Substitution
Session 6: The Doctrine of Last Things
Session 7: Christian Gathers
- Mark Dever's What Does a Healthy Church Look Like?
- Ray Ortlund's How to Create a Gospel Culture
Session 8: Christian Disciples and Gets Discipled
- Mark Collins's Discipling One Another in a Local Church
- Samuel Beh’s How to Read the Bible
- The Bible Project’s How to Read the Bible
- Sample Bible reading plans:
- John Piper's Should I Ever Take an Action I Don't 'Have Peace' About?
Session 9: Christian Serves and Stewards
Session 10: Christian Prays and Proclaims
- Daniel Block's Understanding Life as Worship
- Donald Whitney's How Can I Improve My Prayer Life?
- Donald Whitney's How Do You Pray Without Ceasing?
- Sample devotionals:
- Charles Spurgeon's Morning and Evening
- Oswald Chambers's My Utmost for His Highest
Each item is designed to be completed within 45 to 55 minutes, ideal for a lunch break catch-up (unless if you are a really slow eater :D), depending on how much the student is willing to reflect the questions.
It is important to start with making sure all the queries and clarifications by the student are addressed. The student can also share the learning and reflection that he/she has from the corresponding session. "Session Summary" section is there for that purpose. If there is no more questions, "Meet with a friend" section is the most important to press the applications during the meet-up. It would be a great loss to simply skip the applications from the learning. So make sure it is completed thoughtfully.
Our prayer is that the student may be helped in his/her wholesome growth that will increasingly produce a heart that desires to sacrificially serve one another and to obey and be faithful to God in His word.
Feel free to send your request, query, or feedback to Yanadi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up here: http://gracebaptistchurch.sg/letscontinue
- Baptist Confessions & Catechisms
- The Gospel Project’s 99 Essential Doctrines
- Tim Challies’s Visual Theology
- Mark Barry's Visualunit
- Ligonier Ministries's Teaching Series
- The Gospel Coalition's TGC Courses
- Capitol Hill Baptist Church's Core Seminars
- BiblicalTraining's Basic Courses
- Bert Downs's Bible Survey, A Big Screen Perspective
- Bill Mounce's Life is a Journey
- Steve Martyn's Basics of Spiritual Growth
Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.
- Ephesians 3:20-21 (ESV)