Growing in Jesus is a set of discipleship materials prepared for new Christians who wish to understand basic Christian faith and how Christian living is like. These materials can be used personally by a new Christian in his/her personal study, but we recommend that they be used in the context of one-to-one discipleship where a more mature Christian can help to guide and model a new Christian in a godly discipleship relationship.
Big Idea: Basics truths and tools for equipping new Christians in the faith.
Main Purpose: New Christians will understand the foundational truths and use the basic tools for Christlike growth.
- Session 1 covers the Bible and how we can meaningfully be shaped by it.
- Session 2 covers essential Christian theology.
- Session 3 covers Christian living individually and in the community.
- Session 4 covers Christian service inside and outside the church.
Here are the materials with extra resources under each session:
Session 1A: What is the Bible?
Session 1B: How do we read the Bible?
- Samuel Beh’s How to Read the Bible
- The Bible Project’s How to Read the Bible
- Sample Bible reading plans:
Session 2A: Who is God?
Session 2B: Who is man? What happened to the world?
- The Bible Project's Image of God
- The Bible Project's New Humanity
- The Bible Project's Heaven and Earth
Session 2C: Who is Jesus Christ? What did he come to do?
- The Bible Project's Who is Jesus?
- The Bible Project's Messiah
- The Bible Project's Son of Man
- Sinclair Ferguson's Penal Substitution
Session 3A: How do we talk to God? How can we hear from Him?
- Daniel Block's Understanding Life as Worship
- Donald Whitney's How Can I Improve My Prayer Life?
- Donald Whitney's How Do You Pray Without Ceasing?
- Sample devotionals:
Session 3C: How can we make decisions that honour God?
Session 4A: How can we help others grow?
Session 4B: How can we go and make Jesus known?
Each item is designed to be completed within 30 to 45 minutes, ideal for a lunch break catch-up (unless if you are a really slow eater :D), depending on how much the student is willing to go into the Bible verses and reflect the questions.
Our prayer is that the student may be helped in his/her wholesome growth that will increasingly produce a heart that desires to sacrificially serve one another and to obey and be faithful to God in His word.
Feel free to send your query or feedback to Yanadi at email@example.com.
- Baptist Confessions & Catechisms and Evangelical Confessions & Catechisms
- The Gospel Project’s 99 Essential Doctrines
- Tim Challies’s Visual Theology
- Mark Barry's Visualunit
- Ligonier Ministries's Teaching Series
- The Gospel Coalition's TGC Courses
- Capitol Hill Baptist Church's Core Seminars
- The Village Church Institute's Core Classes
- BiblicalTraining's Basic Courses
Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.
- Ephesians 3:20-21 (ESV)