There could be some changes during this period due to COVID-19. Check out our updates and FAQs page for the latest information.
The Children's Ministry is currently looking for 20 new teachers to serve in Sunday School and 15 new volunteers to serve in Nursery. If you're keen to serve or would like to find out more, please contact either Chuan Xin at firstname.lastname@example.org or Siew Ting at email@example.com.
Overview of the Children's Ministry
The Children's Ministry currently caters to children from ages up to 12 years old during the Sunday morning service from 9am to 10.45am.
For children below the age of 3, there is a Nursery service where parents can drop off their infants before the start of the service, to be cared for by a dedicated team of experienced ladies. During this time, the children will be ministered to in lesson and play. The Nursery is located in the Attic (the top floor) and is equipped for feeding, napping and formula preparation. Diaper changing stations are available at the handicap toilets on each floor.
For children from 3 to 12, the children will be taken through lessons following the sermon schedule from the pulpit.
To teach the children who God is, His plans for them and how they should respond to Him.
How can I get involved in the Children's Ministry?
There are many ways that you can partner and participate with us.
- Teaching – long term one year commitment, teaching once or twice a month.
- Nursery – long term one year commitment, helping once a month (Saturday or Sunday).
- Relief teaching – to be on standby to relieve classes where the teachers are not available for short period.
- Holiday program – out of curriculum lessons (4 weeks each) in June and December, these are designed to give the regular teachers a break. Aspects of program include, worship, craft, storytelling, games. Lessons include the 10 commandments, prayer etc.
- Special needs – we would welcome anyone with the desire to or the expertise to handle/take care of children with special needs, as they interact and learn with other children in their class.
- Training – we provide annual training to teachers from lesson presentation, classroom management and also bible learning. We are also keen on anyone who can share their own expertise in teaching children.
If you're interested to participate or would like to find out more, please contact Siew Ting at firstname.lastname@example.org.