Rebuilding: Prayer and Praise - May 2016
Prayer & Praise Items for May 2016
- Site work progress. Due to the 20-day stop work order in April 2016, the work schedule has been pushed back by 5 weeks. Rebuilding work has restarted smoothly and we have nearly completed the first level of the church superstructure. Work on the second level has started. Please pray for good weather and sound site management by the main contractor so that the lost time can be recovered by September.
- Site work safety. With heightened safety awareness, no incidents occurred the past month. Continue to pray that the Lord will keep the site workers safe at all times and in good health.
- Church rebuilding fund. As of 22 May 2016, we have raised just over 10.5 million dollars for our church rebuilding fund. We are greatly challenged by the examples of sacrificial giving from our members towards the rebuilding. Please pray that we will trust on Him as we continue to give joyfully and work together to raise funds for the project.
- Rebuilding costs. Please pray for the Building sub-committee that they may have the wisdom to decide on areas for further cost reduction without compromising functionality.
- Audio-visual team. We are thankful for the team members who have made available their expertise to look into the audio-visual needs for the church. Please pray for the team as they make the final decision on the audio-visual items and also in appointment of the contractor for AV.