Prepare for Worship (13 Sep 2020)
How is God calling you to fear Him, instead of being afraid of what others think of you?
Call to Worship: Psalm 56:3-4
"When I am afraid,
I put my trust in you.
In God, whose word I praise,
in God I trust; I shall not be afraid.
What can flesh do to me?"
Join us for worship online via our YouTube channel!
Here are the songs for this week:
You can find the scores and lyrics here.
GOD'S WORD IN WORSHIP
Last Sunday we saw the infectious sin of hypocrisy that wrecks not only oneself but also the people around us. This week, Pastor Eugene will urge us, disciples of Jesus, to live faithfully in this hostile world by forsaking hypocrisy, fearing God and boldly confess Jesus daily in our lives. Let us pray that God will grant to Pastor Eugene the grace to speak with power and conviction, drawing hearts to Jesus and trusting God in His sovereign care.
PRAYING FOR THE COMMUNITY
This week, let's be praying for these items:
1. David and Gladys
- Stamina and spiritual enabling in equipping church leaders.
- Restore Gladys to health as she serves and cares for the family.
- Wisdom and patience in mentoring younger leaders and missionaries who are experiencing personal crises.
2. Guest Worker Outreach
- Thank God for those who give of their resources and time to this outreach that God will shine through them as they interact with the guest workers.
- Gospel opportunities as these workers begin to be comfortable with visits and interactions.
3. GBC Members
- To be faithful disciples who boldly confess Jesus and trust in God's sovereign care and provision.
- Hearts that are tender to God's teaching and instructions, seeking to glorify Jesus in all that we do.
Here is this week's ministry guide for your prayer and participation.