Prepare for Worship (16 & 17 Oct 2021)
How does our hope in Christ transform our response to suffering?
Call to Worship: Psalm 23:1-3
“The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
3 He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness
for his name’s sake.
Join us for worship online via our YouTube channel!
Here are the songs for this week:
You can find this week's scores and lyrics here
GOD'S WORD IN WORSHIP
Continuing with the Hope sermon series on 1 Peter, Pastor Eugene will preach from 1 Peter 5:1-5 this week. His sermon is titled "Shepherding with Hope". What is God going to speak to us through Pastor Eugene? Let's be praying for Pastor Eugene and the elders as he exhorts the elders to shepherd God's flock in the hope of receiving glory from the Chief Shepherd and the church to follow these faithful under-shepherds who lead us towards hoping in the Chief Shepherd.
PRAYING FOR THE COMMUNITY
As we navigate through the restrictions of the current stablisation period, let us not forget to pray for these folks in our church:
1. Senior saints in our church
- God’s care and protection for them in this CoViD-19 pandemic
- We will connect to the seniors and love them well and pray that
- The seniors will continue to faithfully serve and be involved in the church
2. Children and other vulnerable groups
- God will care and protect them in this Covid-19 season as well
- God’s Spirit will help them know Jesus and grow in Christ even if we cannot meet in person
3. Response to God's word
- As a church will respond in following faithful shepherds, who lead us towards hoping in the Chief Shepherd.
For more of our community needs, please refer to this week's ministry guide.