Prepare for Worship (9 & 10 Oct 2021)
How does our hope in Christ transform our response to suffering?
Call to Worship: Psalm 37:5-7
“5 Commit your way to the Lord;
trust in him, and he will act.
6 He will bring forth your righteousness as the light,
and your justice as the noonday.
7 Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him;
fret not yourself over the one who prospers in his way,
over the man who carries out evil devices!
Join us for worship online via our YouTube channel!
Here are the songs for this week:
You can find this week's scores and lyrics here.
GOD'S WORD IN WORSHIP
This week, Pastor Oliver will be taking the pulpit and his sermon is titled "Living and Suffering as a Christian" taken from 1 Peter 4:1-19. The big idea of his sermon is that Christians should die to sin, love and serve the church, and suffer joyfully, for this is God’s will for the Christian. Let's pray for Pastor Oliver that he will never depend on his own might or power, but always upon the God of hope so that he may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
PRAYING FOR THE COMMUNITY
After an anxious week, let's continue to uphold the church in these needs:
a. Sylvia Chong
- Thanksgiving for over 40 years of God’s faithfulness in and through her life.
- Pray for health as she adjusts to a more healthy lifestyle, as well as trust that God will continue to sustain her.
- Give thanks that God is still bringing people to know Jesus Christ even in this pandemic times
- Pray that we will steward God’s resources and gifts as we reach unbelievers and disciple believers with the gospel and Word of Christ
- Pray for God to call new members to join the Missions Committee and that people would respond in joyful obedience
- Pray that we as the church will be faithful to live out our Missions Statement
- Perseverance and patience amid suffering; to glorify God by trusting and obeying Him
Here is this week's ministry guide for our participation and prayer.