Prepare for Worship (17 & 18 Jul 2021)
How are we hoping in God, while living in a broken and fallen world?
Call to Worship: Hebrews 11:5-6
“By faith Enoch was taken up so that he should not see death, and he was not found, because God had taken him. Now before he was taken he was commended as having pleased God. And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him."
Join us for worship online via our YouTube channel!
Here are the songs for this week:
You can find this week's scores and lyrics here.
GOD'S WORD IN WORSHIP
This week, Pastor Eugene will take us through his sermon "Hope in the Darkness" from Genesis 5:1-6:8 where we will see the worsening human sinfulness yet there is a glimmer of hope in the faithful God who provides a Redeemer to bring us true rest. Let's be praying for Pastor Eugene to have a calm mind and peaceful heart to hear from God and to proclaim the mystery of the gospel with the authority from above.
PRAYING FOR THE COMMUNITY
Let's uphold some of our folks in prayer this week :
1. Lup Meng and Thian Chye
- They will hear the voice of the Great Shepherd, leading them as they lead others.
- God will give them the spiritual insight they need to fulfill their roles.
- To model well for the church as they serve with humility and gentleness.
2. New Interns
a. Samuel Ho
- To be humble and teachable, to make full and good use of this opportunity to learn and to get to know the church and her members.
b. Rolland Li
- To fear God rather than man
- Make time to meet new and old faces in GBC
- To continue to love, support, and spend time with his wife, Hannah, at home during internship while working
c. Ryan Tan
- Pray that readings and meetups will equip him to participate more in the building up of the body of Christ at GBC.
3. Church Members
- To be able to re-gather i.e. attend our physical worship services
- To persevere in loving and staying devoted to Christ during this pandemic
- They will continue to find ways to reach out and connect with one another, strengthening one another in the faith.
To know more of what's happening in the life of the church, please refer to this week's ministry guide and be praying for the church.