Prepare for Worship (30 Aug 2020)
How am I pursuing true blessedness by hearing and obeying Jesus?
Call to Worship: Psalm 36:7-9
"How precious is your steadfast love, O God!
The children of mankind take refuge in the shadow of your wings.
They feast on the abundance of your house,
and you give them drink from the river of your delights.
For with you is the fountain of life;
in your light do we see light."
Join us for worship online via our YouTube channel!
Here are the songs for this week:
You can find the scores and lyrics here.
GOD'S WORD IN WORSHIP
Continuing with Luke 11 this week is Pastor Eugene who will be preaching from the same chapter but from verses 27-36. His sermon this Sunday is titled "True Blessedness" which means hearing and obeying Jesus whose light has been clearly shining and that we in Christ, also shine as His witness. Let us pray that God's word that goes out will never return void and that we will not harden our hearts against Jesus but hear and obey His word. Let's pray for Pastor Eugene that God will give him strength, power and understanding as he teaches His word and points us to the gospel.
PRAYING FOR THE COMMUNITY
Let's devote some time this week to thank God and pray for these concerns:
1. CG Ministry
- Pray for Caleb and the elders as they lead us in this ministry to grow the church.
- Pray for many to find purpose, encouragement and grow in maturity as they meet regularly in their CGs.
- Pray for Charles & Wai Ching together with Kevin and Samantha who have stepped up to start a new group in the east that God will strengthen them as they lead and shepherd their group.
- Pray for more new CGs to be formed to meet the increasing needs in the church.
2. Our Seniors
- Pray for those who have health concerns for themselves and their family members that God will be their comfort and strength.
- Pray for Ian and Sherri especially for Ian who is making good progress from injuries sustained from a fallen tree.
3. International Members with Families Overseas
- Pray for our these members who are away from their families that God will assure them of His protection and provision for their families back home.
For other community needs in GBC, please refer to this week's ministry guide.