Prepare for Worship (3 & 4 Jul 2021)
How have we fallen short of God’s glory? How are we returning to God through Jesus Christ?
Call to Worship: Romans 5:15
“But the free gift is not like the trespass. For if many died through one man's trespass, much more have the grace of God and the free gift by the grace of that one man Jesus Christ abounded for many."
Join us for worship online via our YouTube channel!
Here are the songs for this week:
You can find this week's scores and lyrics here.
GOD'S WORD IN WORSHIP
This week, Pastor Eugene will be sharing from Genesis 3:1-24 on humanity’s fall into sin is the root of all that’s wrong with the world BUT God promises a serpent-crushing Redeemer who will restore creation to its rightful glory. May God's word convict hearts to repent and seek His saving grace and mercy. Let's remember Pastor Eugene that God will give him insights through the study of Scripture and to know how to pass them along in meaningful ways to help us see the meaning and significance the passage.
PRAYING FOR THE COMMUNITY
As we prepare to gather this weekend, let's remember these items in prayer:
- Plead mercy for our sins of not loving God perfectly and our neighbours well. Ask for forgiveness of our sins.
- Quarterly Congregational Meeting this Sunday: Pray for the church to come together to plan and pray for ministry in the church.
- Re-election of Lup Meng and the call of Thian Chye to full-time vocational ministry on 25 Jul: Pray for God to prepare them and their hearts. Pray for us as a church to come alongside them.
- Resumption of in-person services this weekend: Pray for us as a church as we re-gather again. Pray for God’s protection against the CoViD-19. Pray for the welcome team, worship team and sound team as we make adjustments again.
- Churches in Singapore as they re-gather in person for safety: Pray that churches will continue to provide care and tell of the hope we have in Jesus.
For more of our community life, please refer to this week's ministry guide.