Prepare for Worship (24 & 25 Jul 2021)
How are we in need of God's mercies? How are we turning to Him for help?
Call to Worship: 2 Peter 2 : 5 & 9
“If (God) did not spare the ancient world, but preserved Noah, a herald of righteousness, with seven others, when he brought a flood upon the world of the ungodly....then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials, and to keep the unrighteous under punishment until the day of judgment."
Join us for worship online via our YouTube channel!
Here are the songs for this week:
You can find this week's scores and lyrics here.
GOD'S WORD IN WORSHIP
Please be praying for Pastor Eugene who will be sharing God's word with us this week. His sermon is titled "God Saves Through Judgment" taken from Genesis 6:8-8:18. The big idea of his sermon is that God judges the world with a flood but remains faithful to His salvation promises by preserving Noah and his family. May we obey God's word by fleeing to Jesus, who saves us from judgment through His death and resurrection.
PRAYING FOR THE COMMUNITY
As we prepare our hearts this week, let's remember the needs below:
1. Pastor Eugene
- We thank God for Pastor Eugene's pastoral heart and love for the church and ask for the Lord to bless him as he devotes himself to serve Him.
- God's protection for him and his family as he is on the frontline of ministry and a target of the evil one. Pray that as a church, we will support and encourage him and his family.
- The Holy Spirit to empower him to boldly proclaim God's truth and not grow weary in preaching the word faithfully. Pray that God will provide him grace upon grace in his pastoral ministry.
2. English Congregational Meeting on 25 July
- We will steward the voice of God, trusting in our elders who seek God's glory and approval for the church
- Pray that our heart and mind will be fully aligned with Scripture and not the standards as determined by the world
- Thian Chye and Lup Meng along with their families, will put their trust in God as they model for us what faith in action is
3. Shalom Reformed Baptist Church
- Pray for Pastor Wei and his team to have the wisdom to do gospel ministry as the pandemic drags on and in the COVID endemic world
- The church to soldier on as they continue to be the light and salt of the earth
4. Baptist Theological Seminary
- Thanksgiving for the new students God has brought into BTS for this new academic year
- God's sustaining grace and truth as a community of fellow learners grow together
- New distance-learning students may be able to join BTS in person in Jan 2022
- Liam (Sreeraj) and Yanadi who are students in BTS
Here is this week's ministry guide for our prayer and participation.