Prepare for Worship (2 & 3 Oct 2021)
How does our hope in Christ transform our response to suffering?
Call to Worship: Psalm 34:1-3
“I will bless the LORD at all times;
his praise shall continually be in my mouth.
My soul makes its boast in the LORD;
let the humble hear and be glad.
Oh, magnify the LORD with me,
and let us exalt his name together!"
Join us for worship online via our YouTube channel!
Here are the songs for this week:
You can find this week's scores and lyrics here.
GOD'S WORD IN WORSHIP
Continuing with our Hope sermon series in 1 Peter, Pastor Eugene will be preaching from 1 Peter 3:8-22 and his sermon is titled "Suffering with Hope". He will dwell on the theme of suffering where though believers may suffer for doing good, we can press on with the hope of blessing in Christ. Let us be praying for Pastor Eugene that God will empower the him to boldly proclaim the truth of His word and help him not to grow weary in well-doing or to fall away but provide him grace upon grace.
PRAYING FOR THE COMMUNITY
This week let us pray for our church:
a. Preaching of the word
- Pray for Christ to transform our responses to sufferings that we will not be anxious or fearful about suffering while doing good. May we respond in joy and honour Christ for we shall be blessed in Him who suffered for us.
- Pray for the coming Equip series that we as a church think through Biblical Manhood and Womanhood together
- Pray that the word will shape how we live as men and women that reflect God's glory and His intended purpose for us.
c. God's protection
- Pray for our hearts as we as a church navigate through this new round of CoViD-19 restrictions
- Pray for God’s protection for those who gather in-person
- Pray for God’s continual encouragement for those who meet virtually online
- Pray for God to knit our hearts together as a church as we seek to love and serve one another in these times.
Let's be in prayer for the church community during these unusual times. Here is this week's ministry guide for our prayer.