Prepare for Worship (18 & 19 Sep 2021)
Every Christian struggles against our fleshly desire to rebel against a holy God. How are you struggling with the "passions of your flesh"?
Call to Worship: Romans 7:21-25a
“So I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand. For I delight in the law of God, in my inner being, but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members. Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!”
Join us for worship online via our YouTube channel!
Here are the songs for this week:
You can find this week's scores and lyrics here.
GOD'S WORD IN WORSHIP
Taking the pulpit this week is Elder Caleb who will continue with 1 Peter 2, preaching from verses 11-17. The title of his sermon is "War & Peace". The big idea of his sermon is that Christians serve a holy God and are engaged in a war against the passions of our flesh. Let's prepare our heart to listen and hear what God is saying through His servant. Let us pray for Caleb that God will give him strength, power, and understanding to teach His word.
PRAYING FOR THE COMMUNITY
Here are some prayer points that we can pray during our quiet time or with other believers:
- God will use Caleb to preach in a way that drives religion out and moves the hearts of the church to draw near to God.
- We will respond by consecrating our desires and commit to holy living.
2. Baptisms on 26 Sep
- God will pour out His goodness and blessings upon the brothers and sisters who will be declaring publicly their love and passion for God. Pray that God will work deeply within their heart to renew and refresh them each day, guiding their footsteps.
- The baptism candidates and those who are joining us as members by transfer will find in GBC a community that they will learn to love and grow together.
3. Seniors in GBC
- God will cover and protect them, encircle them with His promises and fill their hearts with joy.
- Grace and courage to persevere in knowing and loving God more.
- They will find ways and opportunities to stay connected and continue to invest in the lives of others in church.
In addition to the above items, do also pray for the ministry activities happening in church found in this week's ministry guide.