Prepare for Worship (11 & 12 Sep 2021)
How are we trusting in Jesus, the cornerstone?
Call to Worship: Psalm 118:21-24
"I thank you that you have answered me
and have become my salvation.
The stone that the builders rejected
has become the cornerstone.
This is the LORD’S doing;
it is marvelous in our eyes.
This is the day that the LORD has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it."
Join us for worship online via our YouTube channel!
Here are the songs for this week:
You can find this week's scores and lyrics here.
GOD'S WORD IN WORSHIP
Let's prepare our hearts to hear from Pastor Eugene who will be preaching from 1 Peter 2:4-10 on the "The Hope of Belonging". He will remind us that believers are saved from final judgment and are given a new identity to live for His glory because Christ is our cornerstone. Let's be praying that Pastor Eugene will preach God's truth boldy and with authority.
PRAYING FOR THE COMMUNITY
Let us be praying for these prayer needs during the week:
- God's sustaining grace for Pastor Eugene and that God will gird him with His power and strength as he brings the sermon to us this week.
- As a church in response to the sermon, we will proclaim the glories of Christ with both our lips and our lives
2. Equip:Discipling among members
- The Holy Spirit will speak through Mark Collins to encourage us to faithfully share the gospel and to understand what it means to do good to others in discipling one another.
- GBC will build a culture of discipling that is founded on the gospel.
3. Our missionaries : David & Gladys Chang
- God’s enabling to teach His Word, engage the Thai seminary students and church members effectively through online platforms
- The local churches to reach out and provide good care for those who are suffering as the lock-downs due to Covid mean many are unable to work and have no income. People are experiencing economic hardships, public health crisis, but protestors are clashing with authorities daily on the streets of Bangkok. Please pray that the Thais will see Christ as the true hope and answer to their deepest needs
- Extraordinary grace and patience to help their children not just to survive, but to thrive in online learning until schools reopen in-person. They desperately need God’s help to stand strong as a family and be His witnesses in this land.
4. Singapore and Singapore government
- Wisdom for the authorities as they manage and control the increasing number of infections while cognizant about the economic impact that Covid brings.
- Singaporeans to be socially responsible and play their part in this battle against Covid.
Here's this week's ministry guide for our prayer and participation as well.