Prepare for Worship (23 & 24 Jan 2021)
How do I intend to cling to Christ this week? How will I specifically demonstrate my trust in Him?
Call to Worship: Mark 8: 34-36
"And calling the crowd to him with his disciples, he said to them, "If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake and the gospel's will save it. For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world and forfeit his soul?"
Join us for worship online via our YouTube channel!
Here are the songs for this week:
You can find this week's scores and lyrics here.
GOD'S WORD IN WORSHIP
This week, Pastor Ian will help us understand from Luke 18:9-30 that "Living by Faith' means we ought to avoid the idolatry of trusting in lesser things and forsake our dependence on our own good work. Let's pray for Pastor Ian that God will illumine his heart and mind as he prepares his sermon.
PRAYING FOR THE COMMUNITY
Let us commit to pray for these needs:
1. Children's Ministry
- Thank God for the ministry that loves and cares for the spiritual growth of the children. Pray that as the ministry resumes Children's Church on 31 Jan that God will grant them wisdom as they work through the processes to ensure a safe environment for the childrent to learn and grow.
- God has in His grace, added more children to the ministry and along with it, an increasing need for more teachers and helpers to participate in the lives and development of these young ones that God has entrusted to us. Pray for members to step us to serve as teachers and helpers.
- Pray for the existing teachers and helpers who have stayed the course that God will give continue to encourage and strengthen them, grant them perseverance and more importantly a love for God's word to be proclaimed to the children.
2. Care Groups
- Pray for spiritual growth and encouragement for the leaders and their members.
- Pray that as CGs, we will welcome newcomers in our groups and be proactive in connecting newer and older members so that we build one another up together.
Want to find out more about the community or looking for an area to serve? Here is this week's ministry guide for your prayer and participation.