Pause to Pray
David and Gladys Chang have been serving with OMF in Bangkok for many years. In 2018, they were refreshed by a time of furlough back in the US and they have since returned to the field in Jul 2018. They share with us how they have experienced God's abundant love and faithfulness as they transition and how we can pray for them.
David, Gladys, Jeremiah, Faith, Jubilee, Daniel and Hope.
Adventures for 2018
As we reflect upon 2018, God's abundant love and faithfulness shows up everywhere. Starting from the time of our furlough in the US, we were given some rest after many years of ministry responsibilities. We travelled as a family to a few national partks on the West Coast. It was a precious tome of building memories with our children and renewing our appreciation for God's handiwork. As we sought after God's will and laid before Him our doubts and concerns, He confirmed His guidance for us to return to Thailand, and provided the funds needed. Gladys was also diagnosed with Lyme disease after three years of physical pain and uncertainty about her health. This discovery gave us hope and assurance to move forward. Upon returning to Bangkok, the five children adjusted quickly and were blessed by being a part of a Chirstian school and community. Daivd also completed his D.Min. at Fuller Seminary. In all the ups and downs of 2018, we can truly say that God is so good. We are weak but He is strong! May you also experience the depth of His grace and mercy in the days ahead.
Dreams for 2019
We continue to hold fast to the vision of training more spiritual leaders throughout Thailand and East Asia. One of our goals was met through the Missions in Action conference (Dec2018), when 800 participants gathered to be instructed and inspired to pursue God's mission. Starting January, David has been teaching the Book of Acts and Leadership Development to M.Div Students at Bangkok Bible Seminary, which is another channel for us to multiply leaders.
Our spiritual goal for 2019 is simple - "to love the Lord with all your heart, soul and mind." (Matt 22:37)
Praises and Prayers
- Praise God for the completion of Missions in Action conference. Pray for good follow-up of those who indicated their commitment to missions.
- Praise God that the story of Christ's birth was shared broadly during the Christmas season including in our own neighbourhood. Pray for some to respond by faith in Christ.
- Gladys has been diagnosed with Lyme disease. Pray for Gladys’ health to continue to improve by God's grace and through proper self-care.
- Praise God for clear platforms to train leaders in Thailand. Pray for on-going wisdom and insight from the Lord for David in his weekly Bible teaching and coaching of Thai church leaders.
- Pray for our five children to know the Lord and experience His truth & love personally.
- Praise God that David has completed his D. Min at Fuller Seminary in 2018 and he is more equipped for His work for His Glory.
Sharing the gospel during the Christmas season.