October Monthly Prayer Meeting
Pastor Oliver shares with us the the thanksgiving and prayer requests shared during last Friday's prayer meeting. Let's join together as one church to give thanks and pray for one another.
“So we have not stopped praying for you since we first heard about you. We ask God to give you complete knowledge of his will and to give you spiritual wisdom and understanding. Then the way you live will always honour and please the Lord, and your lives will produce every kind of good fruit. All the while, you will grow as you learn to know God better and better." Colossians 1:9-10 (NLT)
Paul and his gospel partners not only evangelised, but they also gathered believers into churches, planting new churches. And then they equipped and strengthened these churches. One of the means they strengthen churches was to encourage them. They wrote to the church at Colossae to encourage the believers. One of the critical things they did in encouraging them was to pray for the church continuously ("have not stopped praying") and to let them know they were praying (v. 9a). What did they pray for the church? They prayed that God will give the believers "knowledge of God's will" and "wisdom and understanding" (v. 9b). However, it was not all just ‘head’ knowledge that Paul was concerned about. They also prayed for the church to live in such a way to honour and please God, living lives that produce good fruit (v. 10a). Knowing and then living out what they know, they will then grow in their relationship with God (v. 10b). Obedience to God's word brings intimacy with God.
We had our Monthly Prayer Meeting last Friday, October 2019. We gathered as a church to give thanks to God and to pray for one another. We did so in obedience to God's word to continue to pray for the church. We assembled to encourage and strengthen each other. We had close to 50-60 people from across the generations who came together to pray. It was a good time of sharing about God's goodness and praying for gospel fruit. So, we encourage all of you to make effort to attend the prayer meeting. Keep the last Friday of the month free to join us for the monthly prayer meeting. Even if you did not make the prayer meeting, you could still join together as one church pray for one another. For this purpose, I've attached a summary of the prayer points below.
Pray for the gospel in the world
- Pray for a fair and just government, as well as for peace.
- Pray for the gospel to bring love, forgiveness, reconciliation and unity.
- Pray for Christians to be loving and faithful witnesses to the gospel, as they do good and honour those in authority.
- Pray for Project Khmer H.O.P.E. for their work in Cambodia.
- Pray for fruit from the team from Grace Baptist Church who shared the gospel.
- Pray for God's encouragement for the full-time Christian workers and pastors at Project Khmer H.O.P.E.
Pray for the work of the gospel at Grace Baptist Church
Ministry of the Word
- Pray for the preaching/teaching of the Word.
- Pray for continual fruit as we near the end of our series in the book of Romans.
- Pray for God to prepare our hearts as we start a new series on Luke's Gospel, beginning in December.
Sharing of the gospel
Tuesday Enquiry Group
- Thank God for the people who have come by in the past 3 weeks.
- Pray for the non-Christians, that God will continue to put in them a desire to find out more. Pray that the friends who brought them will also have meaningful conversations about Christianity.
- Pray for the Christians who came with their questions, that they will continue to seek to find out more about Him through His word, in the local church.
- Pray for us all, that we will tirelessly and boldly share the good news with our friends, and trust that God will bring about growth and fruit in His time.
Seek & Discover
- Pray for a growing love for the lost in Grace Baptist Church.
- Pray for greater gospel literacy and that every member of Grace Baptist Church would grow to be able to share the gospel.
- Pray for each participant to come with a church friend.
- Pray for the Seek & Discover team for God's sustaining grace.
- Pray for diversity on the team, so that they can better connect with the different people who come to 'seek & discover'.
- Give thanks for people coming to attend.
Vacation Bible School
- Give thanks for 55 children who signed up out of a capacity for 100.
- Pray for the preparation in this coming month.
- Give thanks that half of the children are visitors.
- Pray for God the Spirit to prepare the hearts of the children.
- Pray for better outreach to non-Christians children and their families.
Christmas day worship service
- Pray for the various preparation in the next two months.
- Pray that the gospel will be declared faithfully and clearly and yet with relevance for our non-Christian friends.
- Pray for members of the church who will be willing to host guests and visitors.
- Pray for our visitors that God will prepare their hearts to hear and take heed.
Pray for the life of the body.
New C.G.s launched in 2019:
- Sidney & Andrea (Queenstown)
- Gerald & Jo Keow (Upper Thomson)
- Eric & Bernie (GBC)
- Jon & Kiyoko (Upper Bukit Timah)
- Li Heng & Eunice (Bedok)
Pray that God will continue to strengthen them in the Word and to connect them in fellowship in Christ.
- Pray for their Bible Study in the book of Judges to bear fruit.
- Pray for the leaders as they teach the Word.
- Pray for the youths: that their hearts be open to the Word, and to be strengthened to handle the challenges they are facing.
Member Care ministry
- Give thanks for the many volunteers stepping forward.
- Give thanks for the loving response of the whole body at Grace Baptist Church who has stepped forward to care for L.K.Y. and his daily transport to get medical treatment.
May you live Coram Deo – living daily before the face of God and knowing His pleasure!