Monthly Prayer Meeting: For the Father Loves the Son
Did you miss last Friday's Prayer Meeting? Pastor Ian shares with us how God has been working in our lives and how He intends to do even greater things among us!
This past Friday, God’s people gathered in the sanctuary to express our dependence on Him through prayer. We began by reading John 5:20: “For the Father loves the Son and shows him all that he himself is doing. And greater works than these will he show him, so that you may marvel.” What a comfort we have in knowing that as we pray, we speak to the One who loves His children! What courage there is in remembering that He desires to show us all that He is doing! And what confidence comes in realising that He intends to do even greater things among us!
Gratitude for God’s Grace—
We thanked God that He would entrust us with the lives of those He is drawing to Himself:
- For the amazing, sacrificial endurance of our VBS team and for the many children who learned this past week that God is good, even when life is not!
- For the many evidences of God’s grace in the lives of those He has pursued, saved and who He has brought into the GBC Faith Family. Some, who like our new member Fong Shi Yi are the first in their family to be drawn to Christ; others, like new member Siew Teck Woh, are evidence of God’s mercy to many generations of family members. We praise God for the diversity of His grace!
Praying for Our Chinese Ministry—
We were blessed to hear from Jayson Low Kai En, who lead the team that served in our Chinese Children’s Camp.
- Let’s pray that God would continue to bring unity and purpose to those who faithfully serve in our Chinese ministry.
- Let’s also pray for the follow up on the 19 children who gave their lives to Christ and the 12 who rededicated themselves to follow Him more faithfully.
Praying for Those Who Grieve—
Let us continue to celebrate the God who allows us the sweet privilege of grieving with one another. Let’s particularly ask Him to be comfort and strength for the Tan Chiu Hee Family, at the loss of Chiu Hee’s father, the Ngiam Family, at the loss of Janice’s mother, and for (recent visitor) FuXiong over the loss of his young wife, Josephine.
Praying for Missions—
We were grateful to hear from Steven Ngiam, who recently led a team of GBCers (Helena, Yen Goon, Karen and daughter, Samantha) to support the ministry of Esther Yap. Let’s be daring to ask God for more than we can think or even imagine in the lives and ministries of our missionaries:
- For Esther & Josh as they begin life and ministry together, and will be joined in the holy covenant of marriage on 2 May.
- Pray also for Esther’s Scripture Engagement Team as they meet in December and make plans for 2020.
- For our dear brother, Shige Mori as he ministers in Japan this month.
- For Ping and Heidi Leong:
- We give thanks that a homeschool teacher has been found and that they can begin to make plans to return to the ministry of their calling!
- Pray that the Lord’s will be done and that He will raise a faithful group of locals for His work.
- Pray for their boys, that they will hunger for and walk in the Truth.
- For David and Gladys Chang:
- For David as he trains Thai men and women for fulltime ministry.
- Praise God for the steady growth of many Thai churches. Pray for the Lord’s favour upon the many Christmas outreaches in December. May it be a fruitful time of sowing and reaping for God’s kingdom.
- Pray for God’s grace and healing to restore Gladys’ body from the damage of Lyme disease.
- For Fedora Teong:
- Praise God for leading the team to new contacts in the Bangkok slums and for enabling her team to deepen their friendships with their existing contacts.
- Pray for the team as they seek a ministry centre to serve their various ministries and outreach efforts.
- Pray for Fedora as she returns to Singapore for a few months to care for her mother (who will undergo a total knee replacement surgery, 13 January).
- Pray that God will sustain the work while Fedora is away.
Praying for those Who Travel—
Many GBCers will be traveling over the month of December. Let’s pray for times of refreshing, and that God would guard their steps and bring them safely home.
- Pray specifically for the 24 GBCers who will join Sister Siang for a Bible Study tour of Israel from 14-27 December:
- Ask for safety as they travel
- Pray that participant will grow in love for each member and for others they meet.
- Pray for the health of elderly loved ones they leave in Singapore.