Prepare for Worship (19 & 20 Jun 2021)
Scripture says that we are God's good workmanship. How has God been hard at work in your life this week?
Call to Worship: Psalm 92:1, 4-5, 12-15
“It is good to give thanks to the LORD,
to sing praises to your name, O Most High;..
For you, O LORD, have made me glad by your work;
at the works of your hands I sing for joy.
How great are your works, O LORD!
Your thoughts are very deep!...
The righteous flourish like the palm tree
and grow like a cedar in Lebanon.
They are planted in the house of the LORD;
they flourish in the courts of our God.
They still bear fruit in old age;
they are ever full of sap and green,
to declare that the LORD is upright;
he is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in him.”
Join us for worship online via our YouTube channel!
Here are the songs for this week:
You can find this week's scores and lyrics here.
GOD'S WORD IN WORSHIP
Last week, we saw how God purposefully made all creation good and this week, elder Caleb will in his sermon "Creation Revisited", unpack Genesis 2:4-17 for us. He will point us to the same glorious God who worked in Creation and also works in Redemption. Let's pray for elder Caleb that God will plant His word deep in his heart, and grant him clarity and understanding proclaiming the truths of God's word.
PRAYING FOR THE COMMUNITY
This week, let us be praying for these needs:
1. Father's Day
- Pray for the fathers in our midst that God will sustain them as they love, care and provide for their families.
- Pray that the fathers will bring up their children in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.
- Pray for God to sustain our spiritual fathers such as CG leaders, sunday school teachers, elders, small group leaders, youth leaders etc. who invest their time in nurturing and growing our young boys or men to know and love God.
2. New Members
- We thank God for 20 brothers and sisters (5 baptisms, 15 transfers) who will join us as members on 26 Jun.
- Pray that as a church we will love and care for these new members that God has entrusted to us, discipling and helping them to grow and get plugged in.
3. Resuming of In-Person Congregational Worship
- Pray that eligible members to be encouraged to get vaccinated as this is a practical way to love our neighbour and keep each other safe, enabling us to gather safely for worship.
- Pray for wisdom in terms of logistics and operations as we prepare the premises for re-opening.
- Pray for people to step up to help during this period, with ministries facing manpower crunch as only fully vaccinated members can serve.
- Pray for some groups of people who are impacted by the restrictions in this new phase particularly families with young children and the unvaccinated person. Pray that we will seek out ways to minister and love them.
Let's commit the above items and other needs found in this week's ministry guide to God in earnest prayer.