Announcements for 16 October 2016
CHRISTIAN EDUCATION :
1. DISCIPLESHIP SEMINARS (DS) | TODAY | 5.15 PM – 6.00 PM
▪ Our second session on “Promise and Fulfilment” will continue today. Please note that DS will end at 6.00 pm to ensure that members participating in the fundraising concert will have sufficient time to attend the rehearsal punctually.
2. CHILDREN MINISTRY LESSONS
▪ 2yr – P2: God alone is God (1 Kings 18)
▪ P3 – P6: Jesus: Lamb of God - Jesus offered Himself as the one perfect sacrifice for sin.
Key Verse: John 1:29 - The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look,
the Lamb of God, Who takes away the sin of the world!
3. MEET GOD MID WEEK |18 OCT | 8.00 PM | LEVEL 5, BETHESDA CHURCH BUKIT ARANG
Dr. Poulson will continue his teaching from 1 Kings chapter 13.
MISSION TRIP TO PUA, THAILAND |16-19 DEC
Our next trip to Kathy’s Home in Pua, Thailand will be from 16 to 19 December 2016, inclusive of travel time. Those who are interested can check out the Kathy's Home Facebook (https://www.Facebook.com/kathyshome2000 ) and contact the church office or email to the coordinator, Kiew Won Lee at email@example.com or sms/whatsapp/call him at 9272 1661.
GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS :
1. USHERS AND CAR PARK MARSHALS FOR REFORMATION CONCERT| 28 & 29 NOV
We need Ushers and Car Park Marshals for the 2 nights and if you would like to be part of this support team, please sign up at the table outside the sanctuary after service today. Also, join us for a short briefing next Sunday, 23 Oct (5.00-5.15pm) at the ground floor classroom (behind the ticket booth). You may contact Samuel Tan at 85331642 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any query.
2. REFORMATION CONCERT - SPONSORSHIP Special thanks to all who have stepped forward to sponsor tickets for the concert. With two more weeks away, if you are keen on sponsoring, please approach the ticketing booth after service, or liaise directly with Kok Pui in the Church office. If you would like to request for sponsored tickets to give away to others, please also do the same. There are some tickets available for outreach.
3. BAPTISM | 20 NOV (TENTATIVE) For those who wish to get baptized on 20 Nov but have not attended the Prospective New Member’s Class (PNMC), please register with the church office for the next class on 23 Oct (Sun). If you have previously attended the PNMC and wish to get baptized on 20 Nov, also register with the church office.
4. CG MINISTRY: CG LEADERS’ TRAINING SESSION | SAT 12 NOV | 1 PM TO 4 PM |37 TANNERY LANE #04-09 TANNERY HOUSE All CG Leaders and Assistant CGLs are requested to attend this training session. Our invited speaker, Mr Vernon Quek from Zion BP Church, will be sharing on 'How Small Groups Can Help You Grow'. He was trained in Moore Theological College (Australia) and had 2 years of training as an 'apprentice' in St. Helen's Bishopsgate Church in London (UK) focusing on Small Group Ministry.
5. CG MINISTRY: DECENTRALISED EVANGELISTIC CHRISTMAS (DEC) | SAT 17 DEC | 7.00 PM – 10.00 PM Christmas is coming! The CG Ministry, in collaboration with the Evangelism Team, is organising a Decentralised Evangelistic Christmas (DEC). The event will be held on 17 Dec (7-10pm) at various CG members' homes. This is another good opportunity for us to share with our family members/friends who do not know our Lord Jesus Christ. The Good News of Christmas will be communicated through Christmas Carols. More details will be given in early November.
6. MONTHLY PRAYER MEETING | WED 26 OCT | 8.00 PM – 9.30 PM | 37 TANNERY LANE #04-09 TANNERY HOUSE Please join us for a time of thanksgiving and praying for the needs of the church.
7. COMMS CUP - A BOWLING FRIENDLY - ENJOY MINISTRY | SAT 12 NOV | 10.25 AM | TOA PAYOH SUPERBOWL SAFRA (VENUE: TENTATIVE) This year COMMS CUP ( A Bowling Friendly) competition will be held on the 12th November. So Teams, prepare yourselves!. Be the 2016 winner of the 'COMMS CUP'. Cost S$11.00/player for 4 games (with shoes) at Toa Payoh Superbowl (SAFRA Venue: Tentative). Registration continues today.
8. CHINESE CONGREGATION CHILDREN’S CAMP | MON & TUES 21 & 22 NOV | CHANGI BETHANY CHURCH This is the 10th year that the CC will be holding its annual children’s camp for ages 6 – 12. This year, the nite-shot program will be extended to not just the P6s but also the P5s! For more information, contact our camp commandant, Ivy @97883639 or Samuel @98368399.
9. GBC CAR DECAL As part of St Andrew’s Village security measures, all cars entering SAJC on Sundays must display GBC car decal for identification. If you have registered your car with the church office, please collect your car decal from the church office outside the sanctuary. If you have not, please register your car with the church office as soon as possible.
10. YOUTH CAMP 2016 | 17-21 DEC | ACS OLDHAM HALL More details will be shared in the next few weeks. Stay tuned!
11. FAREWELL DINNER FOR PASTOR ARNOLD AND EFFIE | 29 DEC To honour the faithful services of Pastor Arnold and Effie with us for the past 8 years, we are organising a farewell dinner for them on Thursday, 29 December 2016. This dinner is open to everyone at GBC. We will provide more details in November, including venue and cost. In the meantime, kindly mark this date on your calendar.
12. SINGAPORE COUNCIL OF CHRISTIAN CHURCHES -REFORMATION LECTURES 2016 FEATURING DR. DAN DORIANI
Interested in finding out more about the Protestant Reformation? This series of lectures and sermons by Dr. Dan Doriani, Professor of Theology at Covenant Theological Seminary, marks the Reformation for believers who want to go deeper. Dr. Doriani has written The Life of a God-Made Man (2001) and commentaries on Matthew, James and 1 Peter in P&R's Reformed Expository Commentaries series. He is also a contributing blogger for the Gospel Coalition.
Lecture Series at Emmanuel BP Church, 1 Pemimpin Drive #11-07 S576151
20 Oct, 8pm - Lecture 1: Christ Alone!
21 Oct, 8pm - Lecture 2: Grace Alone!
22 Oct, 7pm (dinner at 6pm) - Lecture 3: The Priesthood of All Believers
Sunday Worship and Conference at Zion Serangoon BP Church, 5 Tavistock Ave (S) 555108
23 Oct, 9am, 11am, 5pm - Reformation Sunday Message: The Challenge of Our Age
25 Oct, 930am - 130pm, Pastor & Leader's Conference: The Biblical Theology of Leadership
1. VALERIE TAN'S MOTHER kPlease pray for the pain from her knee surgery to go away and that she will be able to weight-bear and walk.
2. ‘O’ AND ‘A’ LEVEL EXAMS Please remember the students in our midst who will be sitting for their national exams soon. Pray that they will entrust their studies to God and stay close to Him during this time.
3. A WORD OF APPRECIATION & THANKSGIVING TO THE LORD William & Karen Lenn wish to express their thanks to the Lord and to the GBC family for the support and send-off to their new ministry in Chiang Mai, Thailand, last week. They have arrived safely and have already begun their work for the Lord. Continue to remember them in prayer.
CHURCH CALENDAR :
16 Oct – 22 Oct 23 Oct – 29 Oct 30 Oct – 5 Nov 6 Nov – 12 Nov
26 : MPM
28 & 29 : Ref. Concert
Bus Shuttle Service to/from Chapel of the Holy Spirit
To: CHS From: CHS
Macpherson C.C. 12.30pm 2.50pm
Potong Pasir MRT 1.00pm 3.00pm
CAR PARKING All car drivers to CHS who have not registered with the church mobile office, please do so as soon as possible. This is to facilitate easy tracing of care drivers by the ushers on Sunday.