Announcements for 25 September 2016
CHRISTIAN EDUCATION :
1. DISCIPLESHIP SEMINARS (DS) | TODAY | 5.15 PM – 6.15 PM
DS is in recess today due to the EC Meeting and QCM, as well as next week due to the Evangelism Workshop.
2. EVANGELISM WORKSHOP | 2 OCT | 5.15 PM – 6.15 PM
The Evangelism Team will be conducting a workshop next Sunday during the usual DS slot. We will share the survey results done in Jul/Aug where more than a hundred members responded. If you have difficulties reaching out to non-believers, this workshop is for you. If you have no problems reaching out to non-believers, this workshop needs you. Come and see what God is doing in our midst and what we can do together as a church moving forward.
3. CHILDREN MINISTRY LESSONS
• 2yr – P2: God alone is to be worship (Judges 6:1-16, 25-32 and Judges 7: 1-25)
• P3 – P6: Jesus: Perfect Law Keeper: Jesus was victorious over Satan, fulfilling the Old Testament promises.
Key Verse: Hebrews 2:14-15 "Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might break the power of him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil— and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death."
4. MEET GOD MID WEEK | 27 SEP | 8.00 PM | LEVEL 5, BETHESDA CHURCH BUKIT ARANG
Dr. Poulson will continue his teaching from 1 Kings chapter 11.
GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS :
1. REFORMATION CONCERT 2016 UPDATE #2 : TELL ME THE STORY
You can download here for the update and prayer needs for the fundraising concert.
2. COMMS CUP - A BOWLING FRIENDLY - ENJOY MINISTRY | SAT 12 NOV | TOA PAYOH SAFRA SUPERBOWL
For the past 2 year we had a challenging bowling competition involving Teams from Youth, Young Adults, Enjoy and Ladies Ministry. To the surprise of all, the Team from ENJOY MINISTRY won the 'COMMS CUP' for both years. This year the competition will be held on the 12 November 2016. So teams, prepare yourselves! Be the 2016 winner of the 'COMMS CUP'.
3. MONTHLY PRAYER MEETING | FRI 30 SEP | 8.00 PM – 9.30 PM | 37 TANNERY LANE, #04-09, TANNERY HOUSE
Please join us for a time of thanksgiving and praying for the needs of the church.
4. CHINESE CONGREGATION CHILDREN’S CAMP | MON & TUES 21 & 22 NOV | CHANGI BETHANY CHURCH
This is the 10th year that the CC will be holding its annual children’s camp for ages 6 – 12. This year, the nite-shot program will be extended to not just the P6s but also the P5s! For more information, contact our camp commandant, Ivy @97883639 or Samuel @98368399.
5. YOUTH CAMP 2016 | 17-21 DEC | ACS OLDHAM HALL
More details will be shared in the next few weeks. Stay tuned!
6. FAREWELL DINNER FOR PASTOR ARNOLD AND EFFIE | 29 DEC
To honour the faithful services of Pastor Arnold and Effie with us for the past 8 years, we are organising a farewell dinner for them on Thursday, 29 December 2016. This dinner is open to everyone at GBC. We will provide more details in November, including venue and cost. In the meantime, kindly mark this date on your calendar.
7. NETBALL COURT IN FRONT OF CHS Let’s be good guests and respect our host’s request not to play games on the court in front of CHS as it belongs to SAJC.
8. EC MEETING | TODAY 25 SEP | IMMEDIATELY AFTER SERVICE
GRACE BAPTIST CHURCH LTD
(Registration no. 197903364W)
To: All Members of the English Congregation
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the English Congregation Meeting (EC Meeting) of the Church will be held at Chapel of the Holy Spirit, 3 Sorby Adams Drive Singapore 357690 on Sunday, 25th September 2016 at 5.00 p.m. or immediately after the conclusion of the English worship service, whichever is earlier, for the following purpose:-
To re-elect by poll, Pastor Oliver Chia Kiat Say as Pastor for a term of three years with effect from 1st December 2016.
By Order of the Board
Seah Yen Goon
Company Secretary 11th September 2016
9. QUARTERLY CONGREGATION MEETING (QCM) | TODAY 25 SEP | IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE EC MEETING
We will have our third QCM for 2016 to share some important news and items for EC. All worshippers are strongly encouraged to attend this meeting to stay informed as a church family.
10. GBC FELLOWSHIP MEAL | TODAY 25 SEP | 6.00 PM – 7.00 PM
We are holding the 3rd fellowship meal today after the QCM. To facilitate this dinner, we have arranged for the bus to depart at 7.15pm.
11. STAFF MOVEMENT
Pastor Arnold will be on leave from 2 - 6 October. Please contact the Church Office for your Pastoral Care needs.
12. BUS SHUTTLE SERVICE TO CHAPEL OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
To: CHS From: CHS
Macpherson C.C. 12.30pm, 2.50pm 4.30pm, 5.30pm, 7.15pm
Potong Pasir MRT 1.00pm, 3.00pm
13. CAR PARKING AT CHS
All car drivers to CHS who have not registered with the church mobile office, please do so as soon as possible. This is to facilitate easy tracing of care drivers by the ushers on Sunday.
1. WHATSAPP BROADCAST AND WATCHMAN PRAYER
We apologized that the recent switch from sms to whatsapp has caused inconvenience to members, resulting in some not receiving the information. If you would like to join this communication network to receive news on funeral wakes and other important information OR if you were able to receive messages previously but not now after the switch-over, please sign up with Kok Pui at email@example.com.
If you have information on births, bereavements, going overseas/graduation, full time ministry, health etc, please pass them on to Pauline (firstname.lastname@example.org) only after you have their consent, by Wednesday, the latest.
CHURCH CALENDAR :
25 Sep – 1 Oct 2 Oct – 8 Oct 9 Oct – 15 Oct 16 Oct – 22 Oct
25: EC Meeting
30: Prayer Meeting