Announcements for 2 October 2016
CHRISTIAN EDUCATION :
1. DISCIPLESHIP SEMINARS (DS) | TODAY | 5.15 PM – 6.15 PM
• DS is in recess today as the Evangelism Team will be conducting a workshop during this time slot.
• DS will begin again on 9 Oct with a new module entitled “Promise and Fulfilment”. Please refer to the attached flyer for more details.
2. EVANGELISM WORKSHOP | TODAY 2 OCT | 5.15 PM – 6.15 PM
The Evangelism Team will be conducting a workshop TODAY during the usual DS slot. We will share the survey results done in Jul/Aug where more than a hundred members responded. If you have difficulties reaching out to non-believers, this workshop is for you. If you have no problems reaching out to non-believers, this workshop needs you. Come and see what God is doing in our midst and what we can do together as a church moving forward.
3. CHILDREN MINISTRY LESSONS
• 2yr – P2: God is the rightful King over the universe (1 Samuel 8 - 10:25)
• P3 – P6: - Jesus: The Final Word - Jesus brings completion to the Bible and explains the whole message of the bible.
Key Verse: Hebrews 1:1-2 - In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe.
4. MEET GOD MID WEEK | 4 OCT | 8.00 PM | LEVEL 5, BETHESDA CHURCH BUKIT ARANG
Dr. Poulson will continue his teaching from 1 Kings chapter 12.
5. PROSPECTIVE NEW MEMBER’S CLASS | 09 OCT | 1:30 PM-2:45 PM | LOUNGE AREA NEXT TO CHS Please put in your reservation with the Church Office this week.
MISSION TRIP TO PUA, THAILAND |16-19 DEC
Our next trip to Kathy’s Home in Pua, Thailand will be from 16 to 19 December 2016, inclusive of travel time. Those who are interested can check out the Kathy's Home Facebook(https://www.Facebook.com/kathyshome2000 ) and contact the church office or email tothe coordinator, Kiew Won Lee at email@example.com or sms/whatsapp/call him at 9272 1661.
GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS :
1. COMMS CUP - A BOWLING FRIENDLY - ENJOY MINISTRY | SAT 12 NOV | 10.25 AM | TOA PAYOH SAFRA
This year COMMS CUP ( A Bowling Friendly) competition will be held on the 12th November. So Teams, prepare yourselves!. Be the 2016 winner of the 'COMMS CUP' Cost S$11.00/player for 4 games (with shoes) at Toa Payoh Superbowl (SAFRA). Registration to commence from 9 October.
2. CHINESE CONGREGATION CHILDREN’S CAMP | MON & TUES 21 & 22 NOV | CHANGI BETHANY CHURCH
This is the 10th year that the CC will be holding its annual children’s camp for ages 6 – 12. This year, the nite-shot program will be extended to not just the P6s but also the P5s! For more information, contact our camp commandant, Ivy @97883639 or Samuel @98368399.
3. YOUTH CAMP 2016 | 17-21 DEC | ACS OLDHAM HALL
More details will be shared in the next few weeks. Stay tuned!
4. FAREWELL DINNER FOR PASTOR ARNOLD AND EFFIE | 29 DEC
To honour the faithful services of Pastor Arnold and Effie with us for the past 8 years, we are organising a farewell dinner for them on Thursday, 29 December 2016. This dinner is open to everyone at GBC. We will provide more details in November, including venue and cost. In the meantime, kindly mark this date on your calendar.
5. GBC CAR DECAL
As part of St Andrews Village's security measures, all cars entering SAJC on Sundays must display GBC car decal for identification. If you have registered your car with the church office, please collect your car decal from the church office outside the sanctuary. If you have not, please register your car with the church office as soon as possible.
6. NETBALL COURT IN FRONT OF CHS
Let’s be good guests and respect our host’s request not to play games on the court in front of CHS as it belongs to SAJC.
7. EC MEETING 25 SEPTEMBER 2016 RE-ELECTION VOTING RESULT: PASTOR OLIVER CHIA
Present including proxies: 231
Yes No Total Void
197 24 221 10
89.14% 10.86% 100%
8. AVERAGE ATTENDANCE FOR SEPTEMBER 2016
Attendance September 2016
Adult Worship 362
Children Ministry 31
9. COLLECTION FOR SEPTEMBER 2016
Offering Sep (Actual) Sep Budgeted Expenditure YTD (Actual) YTD Budgeted Expenditure
General $89,390 $85,349 $740,592 $768,139
Mission $37,948 $48,048 $332,900 $432,430
10. STAFF MOVEMENT
Pastor Arnold will be on leave from 2 - 5 October. Please contact the Church Office for your Pastoral Care needs. Kok Pui and Pauline are on leave today.
1. COMMUNITY WHATSAPP BROADCAST AND WATCHMAN PRAYER
We apologized that the recent switch from sms to whatsapp has caused inconvenience to members, resulting in some not receiving the information. If you would like to join this communication network to receive news on funeral wakes and other important information OR if you were able to receive messages previously but not now after the switch-over, please sign up with Kok Pui at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have information on births, bereavements, going overseas/graduation, full time ministry, health etc, please pass them on to Pauline (email@example.com) only after you have their consent, by Wednesday, the latest.
3. STEVEN & JANE
They are regular worshippers with us who will be leaving for an overseas posting in Bangalore for 2 years on 9 Oct. Please pray for :
a. cultural and work adjustments to go smoothly, especially wisdom for Jane to navigate the cultural landscape as a woman.
b. a local church where they can be plugged in.
c. God to reveal where Jane can best do His work and to be fearless to do what He calls her to do wherever it may be.
Pray for those children who are sitting for the PSLE this week and next week.
CHURCH CALENDAR :
2 Oct – 8 Oct 9 Oct – 15 Oct 16 Oct – 22 Oct 23 Oct – 29 Oct
26: Prayer Meeting
28 & 29: Fund raising Concert