10 quotes about heaven
- "When it comes to a comparison with the life to come, the present life can not only be safely neglected but, compared to the former, must be utterly despised and loathed. For, if heaven is our homeland, what else is the earth but our place of exile?" John Calvin (Institues, 3.9.5)
- "Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you get neither." C S Lewis
- "The critical question for our generation—and for every generation— is this: If you could have heaven, with no sickness, and with all the friends you ever had on earth, and all the food you ever liked, and all the leisure activities you ever enjoyed, and all the natural beauties you ever saw, all the physical pleasures you ever tasted, and no human conflict or any natural disasters, could you be satisfied with heaven, if Christ were not there? ” John Piper, God Is the Gospel: Meditations on God's Love as the Gift of Himself
- “What do we do in heaven? Of course, it is a sabbatical rest. But rest doesn’t mean that we do nothing. They called it rest, rest, when the children of Israel entered Canaan, which was a type of our sabbatical rest in glory. What the word rest in the Bible means, that we are done with the harsh pilgrimage of this world; no more tears, and age, and sighing, and dying, and crying, these are passed. We are entered into a sabbatical rest." W.A. Criswell, The Heavenly City of God
- "The best part of heaven will be seeing Jesus himself face to face. We will worship the Son of God and celebrate his great victory over sin while the endless ages of eternity roll on and on. The best music you've ever heard will pale compared to the music of heaven. The most awesome worship you've experienced on earth is but a dim reflection of the praise we will render around the throne of God" Dr Ray Pritchard
- "In heaven we'll have a face-to-face, exclusive relationship with our Savior, gloriously enjoyed without interruption or heartache or grief or sin or the threat of death. God promised that He would make all things new in heaven" Charles Swindoll
- "Here are five things that will occupy us in heaven. We will …
Worship without distraction.
Serve without exhaustion.
Fellowship without fear.
Learn without fatigue.
Rest without boredom." David Burns, "Heaven is a Wonderful Place"
- "For the Christian, death is not the end of adventure but a doorway from a wold where dreams and adventures shrink, to a world where dreams and adventures forever expand.” Randy Alcorn, Heaven
- "The talk they had with the Shining Ones was about the glory of the place; who told them that the beauty and glory of it was inexpressible. "There," said they, "is the Mount Zion, the heavenly Jerusalem; the innumerable company of angels; and the spirits of just men made perfect. You are going now," said they, "to the Paradise of God; wherein you shall see the tree of life, and eat of the never fading fruits thereof. And when you come there, you shall have white robes given you; and your walk and talk shall be every day with the King, even all the days of eternity." John Bunyan, Pilgrim's Progress
- "He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” Revelation 21:4