Grace Baptist Church exists for the glory of God with the following Vision and Core Values:
A disciple-making church that transforms lives with the gospel and love of Jesus Christ.
For more on our vision, click here.
1. Christlikeness: We aspire to cultivate Christlikeness through the transforming power of God’s grace in the gospel.
“A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.” (John 13:34)
2. Gospel-Shaped: We aspire to be increasingly shaped by the gospel as a church, so that our relationships are marked by growing humility, love, transparency, compassion, and grace.
“Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you. Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children. And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” (Ephesians 4:32-5:2)
3. Unity: We aspire to deepen our spiritual unity, which transcends congregations, language, culture, ethnicity, age, etc., and to display the gospel’s transforming power through our unity in diversity.
“That he might create in himself one new man in place of the two, so making peace.” (Ephesians 2:15b)
4. Discipleship: We aspire to foster a culture of intergenerational discipleship, where members of different ages invest in one another’s spiritual growth.
“Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is
working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love.” (Ephesians 4:15-16)
5. Every-Member Ministry: We aspire to encourage meaningful church membership, where every member of the body is actively engaged in ministry to build up the whole church.
“For as in one body we have many members, and the members do not all have the same function, so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another. Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them.” (Romans 12:4-6a)
6. Train and Send: We aspire to develop, equip, and affirm men and women for gospel ministry in the local church and beyond.
“What you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men, who will be able to teach others also.” (2 Timothy 2:2)
7. Mission-minded: We aspire to grow in mission-mindedness, in local evangelism as well as cross-cultural missions.
“And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:18-20)
8. Gospel Partnerships: We aspire to strengthen cooperation with other like-minded churches, both along and across denominational lines, to fulfil Christ’s commission.
“I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine for you all making my prayer with joy, because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now.” (Philippians 1:3-5)
To read more on what we believe, click here.
Our members' covenant
The members' covenant is affirmed by all who become members, and reflect our vision and beliefs as a church. A copy of the covenant can be found here.