Young Adults Ministry
Overview of GBC Young Adults Ministry
University students and NSmen (Young Adults) are a growing part of the Grace Baptist Church family ever since the ministry began in 2009. As of January 2011, the Young Adult Ministry team has been pursuing:
To make disciples who follow Jesus in joy for the glory of God
A community where individuals are moving through the cycle of Christian maturity
As a ministry, we get together 3 times a month for:
- small group discipleship sessions in the first week where we study the Bible in depth and share our lives together,
- a large group gathering in the second week where we come to sing, share, pray and hear God's Word taught before we think hard about application,
- doing life together in the third week, or serving others in the church and community. For example, in 2016 we had a board games evening, celebrated Chinese New Year with older members of the church, went for a Project Timothy Bible conference, ran a blood donation drive, organized an evangelistic talk by an NUS professor and a film screening at Vivocity, planned games for the December Youth Camp, etc...
Other than that, our ministry also:
- organizes an annual Young Adults Retreat designed to strengthen discipleship
- provides discipleship training for Bible study leading and other essential skills
- recommends and distributes books and resources to support Young Adults who want to grow in their Christian walk
How do I find out more about the Young Adults Ministry?
You can see some of what we've been doing as a ministry and what our community looks like from some of these project vidoes below.
In 2015, we designed our own Prayer Journal to help our YAs with their quiet time as they prayed and read through Genesis and Exodus. In this video, some of our YAs share their experiences with #30DaysofPJ.
This version of #30DaysOfPJ is a shorter sharing from our YAs which we shared with the rest of the church.
In this video, our Young Adults spent time with with our Emeritus Senior Pastor Rev Dr E N Poulson, more affectionately known as 'Grandpa P' and his wife, 'Grandma P' and learnt more about their lives, their relationship with GBC and their prayer habits as saints of God. We learnt a lot interacting with them.
How do I get involved in the Young Adults Ministry?
Every Christian is called first and foremost to turning away from their sins and putting their faith in Jesus Christ. After that, we are born again to become a part of His family - the church. In the church then, we are called to love one another and help one another grow. We do this best through our discipling small groups and at our big group activities. If youre interested in being discipled, or attending a big group session, we'd love to have you!
If you would like to find out more about the Young Adults Ministry in our church, please contact Nehemiah.