Having been brought by God’s grace to repent from sin, believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and be baptised into Him, and desiring to live our new life in Christ in light of the Gospel, we joyfully and solemnly enter into this covenant with one another as one body in Christ.
- We will not neglect to gather regularly for corporate worship, or to pray for ourselves and others. (Heb 10:25; Col 4:2)
- We will rejoice with those who rejoice and weep with those who weep, bearing each other’s burdens with tenderness and compassion. (Rom 12:15)
- We will be devoted to one another in brotherly love; to watch over, pray for, patiently bear with,forgive, encourage, and admonish one another with love, humility and gentleness. (Rom 12:10; Luke 17:3; Col 3:13; 1 Thes 5:11; 1 Pet 1:22)
- We will serve others with the spiritual gifts with which God has blessed us, for the edification of the body of Christ. (Eph 4:15-16; Rom 12:3-8)
- We will endeavor to raise the children and youth under our care in the training and instruction of the Lord. (Eph 6:4)
- We will seek the salvation of our family and friends by sharing Christ with them, and seek the welfare of our nation by living lives that are consistent with the Gospel. (Acts 13:47; 1 Pet 2:12; Col 3:17)
- We will strive to pursue personal holiness in our lives and grow in Christ-likeness with the help of the Holy Spirit by resisting conformity to this world and submitting to the authority of Scripture. (Tit 2:12; 1 Pet 1:14)
- We will contribute cheerfully, generously and regularly to the church to support the ministry of the Word, the relief of the poor in our midst, and the spread of the Gospel to all nations. (Matt 28:19; Luk 12:33; 2 Cor 9:7)
- We will work together in unity to achieve the mission of making disciples through
a biblically faithful ministry in this church, as we sustain its worship, ordinances,
discipline, and doctrines. (Eph 4:3; 2 Tim 4:2; 1 Tim 3:1-13; 1 Tim 3:15; Acts 2:38; 1 Cor 11:26; Matt 18:17; 1 Cor 5:13)
- We will, when we move from this place, join another Gospel-preaching church where we can carry out the spirit of this covenant and the principles of God’s Word.
May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with us all. Amen.
Updated on 2 Jan 2018.