Overview of the Children Ministry
The Children Ministry caters to children from ages up to 12, years old during the morning service from 9.30am to 10.45am.
For children below the age of 3, there is a Nursery service where parents can drop off their infants before the start of the service, to be cared for by a dedicated team of experienced ladies. During this time, the children will be ministered to in lesson and play. The Nursery is located in the Attic (the top floor) and is equipped for feeding, napping and formula preparation. Diaper changing stations are available at the handicap toilets on each floor.
For children from 3 to 12, the children will be taken through lessons from the Children Desiring God syllabus. For 2018, children aged 3-8 will be learning “Jesus! What a Saviour”, an introduction to Christ our Saviour and how to the children should respond to His gift of salvation. Children aged 9-12 will be learning to “Be Like Jesus” and how belief in God should translate into our actions and behaviours.
To teach the children who God is, His plans for them and how they should respond to Him.
How can I get involved in the Children Ministry?
There are many ways that you can partner and participate with us.
- Teaching - long term one year commitment. Teachers teach on alternate months, so all in a 5 month commitment each year.
- Relief teaching - to be on standby to relieve classes where the teachers are not available for short period.
- Holiday program - out of curriculum lessons (4 weeks each) in June and December, these are designed to give the regular teachers a break. Aspects of program include, worship, craft, story telling, games. Lessons include the 10 commandments, prayer etc.
- Special needs - we would welcome anyone with the desire to or the expertise to handle/take care of children with special needs, as they interact and learn with the other children in their class.
- Training - we provide annual training to teachers from lesson presentation, classroom management and also bible learning. We are also keen on anyone who can share their own expertise in teaching children.
If you're interested to participate or would like to find out more, please contact Mok Chuan-Xin.