Announcements for 15 February 2015
CE – CHRISTIAN EDUCATION (ADULTS):
DISCIPLESHIP SEMINARS (DS) | TODAY (EVERY SUNDAY, 4 JAN – 15 FEB) | 11.15 AM – 12.30 PM | ANNEX
“The Gospel of Mark” concludes today with a final session on how to use the Gospel of Mark in discipleship and evangelism.
MEET GOD MID-WEEK | TUESDAY 17 FEB | 8.00 PM | ANNEX
There will NOT be a class on 17 Feb. Class resumes on 24 Feb with Daniel 6. Class is taught by Rev (Dr) E N Poulson.
COMBINED EC SERVICE | SUNDAY 22 FEB | 9.00 AM
The combined service is to allow GBC family to have an extended time of fellowship with one another and with your families and relatives.
MONTHLY PRAYER MEETING | FRIDAY 27 FEB | 8.00 PM TO 9.30 PM | BARTHOLOMEW/STEPHEN/MATTHEW/SIMON ROOMS
Calling all GBC members and friends to come and gather in prayer as one body in Christ. Come and share what God has been doing in your life and teaching you in your faith journey.
The Grace News team is looking for layout artists and writers! Grace News is the church's newsletter that is published every quarter. Come join us in giving words and pictures to the ministries that God has provided through GBC. Be a channel of blessing as we move towards our God-given disciple-making vision together. Contact email@example.com to find out more!
CALL FOR GOOD FRIDAY & EASTER SERVICE 2015 WORSHIP CHOIR | THOMAS AND PHILIP ROOMS
Calling all church members who would like to offer their voices for the upcoming Good Friday & Easter services (3/4 and 5/4)! Worship leading is for everyone and our hope is to have more members participate in serving together. If you can hold a tune, are interested in singing God's praises and are able to attend majority of the rehearsals on 1/3, 29/3 (Sun 12.15-1.15pm) and 2/4 (Sat 7.30-9.30pm) please contact Carrie at firstname.lastname@example.org / 9792 4717 or Caleb at email@example.com / 9270 1627.
Pastor Arnold is on leave till the 16th February. Please contact Pastor Bobby or the Church office for your pastoral needs. Please pray for Pastor Bobby as he ministers at Emmanuel Evangelical Free Church this morning.
There will be NO canteen service next Sunday, 22nd February 2015.
All GBC worshippers who park at Macpherson Primary School must display your GBC car park disc on your windscreen every Sunday.The security guard at the school is authorized to prohibit cars without GBC car park disc from parking in MPS.If you have not collected your car park disc for year 2015, please do so at the church office as soon as possible.
Chinese New Year is an excellent opportunity to witness for Christ. Over the festive holidays, be intentional in sharing the gospel as you visit or open your homes to families, friends and colleagues. The Evangelism Ministry has prepared several gospel tracts that you can pass to your non believing friends during your visits. The tracts are available in the canteen today.
MORE ANNOUNCEMENTS CONT’D
GBC REBUILDING UPDATE – FEBRUARY 2015
1. The last of the 5 bore holes for the Soil Investigation was completed this week, signalling the completion of the field work. We thank God for the smooth operations. The contractors are now analysing the soil collected. Pray that the result of the investigation will not yield any surprises.
2. We praise God for His favour as we received a “no objection letter” from the LTA in response to our request for waiver regarding car park lot requirements. This proposal is now pending URA’s approval. Let us continue to pray for grace from the authorities.
3. Building Sub-Committee (BSC) members are currently working with the architects to finalise the detailed user requirements for incorporation into the tender document. Please pray for the BSC members, that God may grant them wisdom in laying out these requirements.
4. Our architects are planning to submit our project for Written Permission this month to URA. We can only commence construction work upon receipt of their approval. Please pray for smooth progress through the approval process.
5. The Chapel of the Holy Spirit located at Saint Andrew’s Junior College has confirmed availability of their chapel for our use as an interim site. However, it will only be available from October 2015. We are working with Saint Andrew’s Junior College for the use of their Cultural Centre from June to September 2015. Please pray that these plans will be successful and the cost be within our relocation budget.
SUNRISE SERVICE IN MELAKA |20 – 21 MAR (FRI & SAT)
BOOKING for 2D1N Nostalgic "SUNRISE SERVICE IN MELAKA" on the 20th/21st March 2015 continues today.
The Melaka Trip includes all meals, river cruise fees, coach to and from Melaka, night shopping spree at JONKER's Street and 1 night stay at SHAH Resort, Melaka.
Twin Sharing : S$170.00 (Deposit S$50.00/pax)
Single : S$230.00 (Deposit S$50.00/pax)
LIMITED Space: Book Early.
CHURCH VISION STATEMENT:
A disciple-making church that transforms lives with the gospel and love of Jesus Christ.
Please pray for the Disciple-Making Framework (DMF) Task Force for wisdom and humility as they embark to provide better clarity of the Vision Statement that will enhance GBC members' understanding of the Vision Statement and form the basis/foundation to the development of the DMF