Announcement for 4 January 2015
CHRISTIAN EDUCATION (CE):
1. DISCIPLESHIP SEMINARS (DS) | TODAY (EVERY SUNDAY, 4 JAN – 15 FEB) | 11.15 AM – 12.30 PM | ANNEX
“The Gospel of Mark” begins today. All are welcome to attend! Come and learn about the message of Mark and learn how to use it in ministry. Today’s class introduces the Gospel of Mark and focuses on Mark 1:1—3:12.
2. SEEKERS CLASS | TODAY, 11, 18, 25 Jan | 11.15 AM – 12.30 PM | PETER ROOM Seekers Class begins today (weekly, 4 sessions). The class is for people interested in learning about the Good News of Jesus Christ. GBC members interested in attending, or in bringing their friends, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can support you in prayer.
SERMON SCHEDULE | TODAY
GBC will start on a new sermon series entitled “Spiritual Disciplines”.
YOUTH CAMP ECHO | TODAY | 11.15 AM TO 12.30 PM | STEPHEN/BARTHOLOMEW ROOMS
There will be a Youth Camp Echo today. Please join us as we remember and reflect on how God has worked in the camp; and as we look forward to how God is going to work in 2015 as we commit the year to him.
MEET GOD MID-WEEK | TUESDAY 6 JAN | 8.00 PM | ANNEX
Introducing Daniel, one of the Greatest Prophets. Class taught by Rev (Dr) E N Poulson.
LADIES BIBLE STUDY | 10 JAN | 4 PM
The class will resume at Room Leviticus on the ground level. We will be doing Matthew Part 2, The Christ, The Son of the Living God. If you wish to study the Bible inductively and to remain established in God's Word you are welcome to join us. For more information please contact Yoke Meng (Tel 97301670).
PROSPECTIVE NEW MEMBER’S CLASS | 18 JAN | 11.00 AM TO 12.30 PM | PASTOR ARNOLD’S OFFICE
Please make your reservation with the church office.
ENJOY MINISTRY | SATURDAY 24 JAN | 6.00 PM – 9.30 PM ‘BRING YOUR OWN BOAT’ STEAMBOAT BUFFET DINNER
TODAY is the last day for registration for the CNY Steamboat Buffet Dinner to be held on the 24th Jan 2015 at 6.00 pm at GBC. Participants shall register as group of 6 to 8. The cost per person for the food and drinks is S$15.00. Due to limited space, the maximum number of groups is set at 12.
MPS CAR PARKING DISC
Please collect the new disc for the year 2015 from the church office TODAY if you have not taken one. It is a requirement by the school that only cars with authorized discs are eligible for parking as arranged by GBC.
We would like to welcome Ms Carrie Chong who will be joining the church staff as Ministry Worker (EC) effective 5 Jan.
CANTEEN SERVICE | TODAY
There will be no canteen service.
MELISSA FAM & FAMILY
thank the GBC family for your prayers, care and concern during the recent bereavement of Melissa’s grandfather. Your thoughts, prayers and words of sympathy are much appreciated.
MORE ANNOUNCEMENTS CONT’D
SOUND MINISTRY RECRUITMENT FOR 2015
There are a number of members in sound ministry who have prayerfully considered and stepping aside to other ministries in 2015. Therefore, we are looking for 4 new volunteers to join our sound ministry for 2015. All you need is a good ear and a willing heart to serve God and His people. Opened to all ages. Contact Eugene Low at email@example.com or 9799-3885 to find out more.
CHURCH VISION: A DISCIPLE-MAKING CHURCH THAT TRANSFORMS LIVES WITH THE GOSPEL AND LOVE OF JESUS CHRIST
1. Pray for the leadership of the English & Chinese Congregations as they commit GBC unto the Lord & endeavour to lead the church forward in spiritual rebuilding.
2. Pray for all the ministry leaders & CG leaders as they faithfully & patiently serve in various capacities of teaching, caring & leading the members in spiritual rebuilding.
3. Pray for the members & worshippers across the generations to embark on this journey of faith.